Frequently asked questions
Why should I clean my trash can?
Which plan is right for me?
Do you use any chemicals to clean my bin?
Do you provide same day service following trash collection?
Do I need to be home?
Will a reminder be sent out before my scheduled cleaning day?
What happens if I’m out of town or I can’t get my bin out the curb?
Do you have a maggot free guarantee?
This is a question that comes up frequently in the summer time! High temperatures and humidity create ideal conditions for maggots. Maggot infestations, even within days of your can being cleaned are out of our control. Having your bins professionally cleaned by Envirobinz eliminates any food source and odors that attract the common housefly. Flies will not lay eggs on a clean sanitized surface as their larvae have no viable food source to survive the 5-8 day transformation from larvae to fly. However, as soon as garbage is placed into a clean can, flies can use the new food source to lay their eggs and maggots will emerge from eggs laid only 8-24 hours earlier! We highly recommend monthly service during the summer, and the following suggestions may help you minimize the likelihood of experiencing a maggot infestation in between your Envirobinz cleanings.
1) Ensure all your trash is bagged.
2) Ensure your trash bags are secure. Knot them if they just have a pull string enclosure. Double bag them if you detect a leak from a rip or tear. If flies can get into the bags, or any material is available to them in your can, they can lay eggs resulting in a maggot infestation within as little as 8-24 hours.
3) Keep the lid of your bin tightly shut. If your bin is broken or does not close properly, contact your waste management company.
4) Give attention to where you store your bin(s). Store your trash bin out of direct sunlight. As the heat inside your bin increases, so do the odors that attract flies. Are you storing your bin in your garage? Ensure the area around your bin is clean, watch for fly eggs laid on garage walls and/or the floor near the bin.
5) If you do develop a maggot infestation between cleanings, pour boiling water over them to kill them instantly.
COMMUNITIES WE SERVE